Monday, February 25, 2008

Fair play to Glen Hansard

I've been saying it for years. The Frames are one of the best bands ever to come out of Ireland and have never really been given their due. So when I checked the news this morning and discovered that Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova had won the oscar for best song I was truly delighted. Not just because Glen has been recognized for his talent but because it showed me that there is hope for all the small independent and talented people out there in this age of pop idol and wannabe fame junkies. There was a strange sense of pride to. To see a small Irish artist on that stage in front of all the super famous and stupidly wealthy Hollywood elite receiving the oscar really brought it home to me how talented a country we are. I tend to mouth on about my country and its bemoaning attitude to successful people and I would like to think that this might help in shutting some of them up. Fair play Glen and Marketa!!

No comments: